To print: Select File and then Print from your browser's menu.
This story was printed from Avon Schools.
Site URL: http://avonschools.us.
by Dan Oakley
January 30, 2008
The Board of Education of Avon Community Unit School District #176 recently met to set both short and long-term goals for the district. The goals are enumerated below.
AvonCommunity Unit School District#176
Board of Education Goals
1. The Board of Education will revise curriculum to address scheduling and educational needs of students in high school science, high school math, and elementary reading.
2. The Board of Education will continue to work to raise ISAT/PSAE test scores through a combination of traditional and creative methods, as well as providing incentives for students to continue to improve scores.
3. The Board of Education will develop programs that will reduce office referrals at the middle school and high school levels.
4. The Board of Education will develop and implement methods to increase communication with the broader community, including electronic means.
5. The Board of Education will partner with the Illinois Association of School Boards to provide district-specific updates to the board policy manual and to disseminate the board policy manual electronically.
6. The Board of Education will investigate electronic sound systems adequate for the high school gymnasium.
7. The Board of Education will update signs and other visible items related to the BPCA cooperative.
1. The Board of Education will continue to work to raise ISAT/PSAE test scores to meet and exceed levels required by the Illinois State Board of Education and the U.S. Department of Education, as legislated in the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001.
2. The Board of Education will continue to develop distance learning opportunities for students, as well as to provide professional development opportunities for staff members.
3. The Board of Education will continue to update and revise facilities as needed to provide for the educational needs of students, to properly maintain taxpayer funded facilities, and to provide more aesthetic facilities.
4. The Board of Education will continue to develop pathways to attract and retain quality faculty members.
5. The Board of Education will explore options regarding the future structure of the district.
Note: Most newer browsers don't need a print-friendly version of this article. Just click File, then Print from your browser's menu at the previous page.
© 2010 Avon Schools